Bent Tree Real Estate
Located just two miles east of Interstate 75, the Bent Tree golf community offers a convenient location coupled with numerous amenities. In addition to being situated around the golf course, there is also a clubhouse, elegant dining facilities, tennis courts and a swimming pool.
While Bent Tree is located only a short drive from downtown Sarasota and all that it has to offer, the community still manages to provide its residents with a quiet retreat. Situated within an enclave, this neighborhood provides its residents with unspoiled views of lakes, streams and woodlands.
The 18 hole golf course was originally designed by Bill Lewis and opened in 1975. The course underwent a redesign by Ward Northrup in 1994. Today, the 18-hole, par 72 course has been host to numerous tournaments, including several LPGA championships.
Homes for Sale and Real Estate
In terms of real estate available in Bent Tree, many of the homes were built in the 1970s along with the original golf course. Since then, additional homes have been added in the 1980s, 1990s and over the past ten years. Most of the homes offer about 2,000 square feet of living space and cost anywhere from $140,000 to the low $200,000 range. Some of the higher end properties in the Woodlands section can go up to north of the $700,000 range. These homes typically offer over 3,500 square feet and offer views of the lake or the golf course.
Bent Tree Country Club Membership Options
Residents who are interested in obtaining a membership at the Bent Tree Country Club have several different categories to select from. These include:
- Equity Golf – costs an initial $5,000 equity fee, plus a $300 application fee and monthly dues of $530 for a single membership or $640 for a family membership
- Associate Golf – costs an initial $1,200 initiation fee, plus a $300 application fee and monthly dues of $146 for a single membership or $275 for a family membership
- Intermediate Golf (available only to those between the ages of twenty-one an fifty) – a $300 application fee, plus monthly dues of $260 for a single membership or $375 for a family membership
- Social Membership – monthly fee of $25, plus an annual minimum of $450 in food and beverage consumption.
- Winter Membership – available in one to six-month options, costing $1,000 for a one month single membership up to $4,740 for a six month family membership.
For more information on golf:
Bent Tree Country Club
4700 Bent Tree Blvd.
Sarasota, FL 34241
Visit the Bent Tree Country Club Website